Let's say you have just had the misfortune of being involved in an auto accident. What should you do next? Here is a quick, step-by-step Accident Scene List to assist you in minimizing your stress and discomfort.
- If it is clear, safe and legal, move all involved vehicles out of traffic.
- Turn off the ignition on all vehicles involved.
- Make a first aid check of all persons involved. Look around to see if anyone is in immediate danger or needs medical assistance. Avoid moving an injured person as it might seriously complicate the injury.
- Call the police by dialing 911 for assistance and if necessary, have them dispatch emergency medical services.
- Remove objects from the road that may cause further damage or risk to others.
- Gather the names of all individuals who were in the vehicles during the accident as well as the people who witnessed the accident.
- Make a quick diagram of where the vehicle occupants were seated and indicate the direction of travel and occupied road lanes. Also note the date, time, and weather conditions. Look around and gather information from any possible witnesses.
- Be careful what you say - do not discuss "fault" or make statements about the accident to anyone but the police.
- Exchange insurance company information and notify your insurance company immediately. This is important. If it is not convenient to contact your agent, telephone the nearest office.
Auto accidents are unexpected and stressful. Even the most careful drivers may be involved. If you are in an accident, stay calm, follow the steps listed above and call World Ford Collision Center of Pensacola. We'll help alleviate some of the stress that goes along with being in an auto accident and we'll work with your insurance company and repair your vehicle the right way - the first time, on time, every time.